Basic Mechanics and Vehicle Servicing
For group booking only. Minimum numbers 4.
Description: This course is designed for those who are interested in looking after their 4WD, AWD and 2WD vehicle but have no prior knowledge of basic mechanics. If you ever wanted to know how to service your own vehicle or be able to make emergency repairs in remote situations, then this course is for you.
This course will give you an understanding of the mechanical principles employed in modern vehicles and allow you to practice basic servicing techniques and minor repairs so you are better equipped to maintain your vehicle in sound condition, find faults easily and effect emergency repairs.
What can I learn?
Major 2WD, AWD and 4WD mechanical principles of the engine and major vehicle components (disk/drum brakes, clutch, gear box/transmission, coolant system, electrical/fuel systems and suspension systems, and more).
Hands on, practical mechanical maintenance, such as:
- Understanding the functions of the major vehicle components, inspecting and minor repairs (Chassis, Drive-Line, Engine, Steering, Brakes, Electrical, Suspension, Axles and Wheels).
- Understand the functions of the 5 supporting systems (Fuel, Ignition, Electrical, Cooling, Lubrication),
- Replacing and maintain disk/drum pads, shock absorbers, wheel bearings, wheel hubs,
- Flashing coolant system and bleeding brake systems,
- Checking and replacing oils (engine, gear box/transmission, brake/clutch master cylinders differentials and transfer case)
- Checking, recharging and replacing a vehicle battery, including replacing light bulbs and fuses,
- Checking and replacing hoses and fan belts
- Fault Finding (How to get an engine going again);
- Repairs in the bush (What to do when you are miles from nowhere) and using available equipment.
- We will also cover trailers, caravans etc (wheel bearing, UBolts and electrical fault finding).
Times: 7:45am to 3.00pm approx.
Approximately 1 – 2 hours of theory spread out throughout the day (depending on the questions and input from course participants) – the rest of the day is practical “hands on”. Prepare to get your hands dirty, or your gloves.
Do I need any special equipment?
We will have the necessary tools and all vehicle components for you to pull apart and put back together. Bring with you the vehicle manufacturer manual, gloves, rags, and your tools (if you have a set) or you are able to use our equipment.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT Us on 0732641877
TO DISCUSS OR BOOK YOUR TRAINING
Or click on the “Register Now” button below, to book your course.