TLID2004 – Load and unload goods/cargo
2. Load and Unload goods/cargo can be incorporated with selected A4ADE driver’s courses.
3. This course is suited for corporate groups.
4. Current information and publications are incorporated within this course, including LOAD RESTRAINT GUIDE 2018
This course involves the skills and knowledge required to load and unload goods and cargo in accordance with relevant state/territory roads and traffic authority regulations / permit requirements.
It includes loading and unloading goods and cargo, securing and protecting a load and completing all required documentation.
Who may select this course?
It is mandatory for Drivers, company employees or contractors who are required to Load, Secure Loads and unload goods/cargo as part of their duties of operating a vehicle or towing a trailer, to complete this course as part of companies process of reducing drivers risk of vehicle incidents and Workplace Heath, Safety procedures.
The key clients for this training are all/any drivers who require to load, secure and unload any type of vehicles and /or trailers within the transport industry and/or company policy and procedures.
Load and unload goods/cargo
- Load characteristics are identified and taken into account when determining appropriate loading and unloading workplace procedures
- Job hazards are identified and required action is taken to minimise, control or eliminate identified hazards
- Dangerous or hazardous goods are identified and handled in accordance with the current Australian Dangerous Goods (ADG) Code and other relevant regulations/permit requirements
- Load is packed/unpacked to make safe and effective use of available spaces
- Goods/cargo are loaded in accordance with relevant mass and loading regulations and workplace procedures
- Lifting aids and appliances are selected and used to aid loading procedures in accordance with workplace procedures and safety legislation
- Unloading activities are conducted in a safe and efficient manner taking into account suitable locations, stowage, safe use of equipment and balance of remaining load
- Goods requiring special handling and/or documentation are identified and workplace procedures are followed
- Relocated material is restacked appropriate for transport method, safe height, weight loading, size and crushability of goods
Secure and protect load
- Load distribution is checked to ensure it is even, legal and within safe working capacity
- Load is checked to ensure dangerous goods and hazardous substances are appropriately segregated in accordance with current ADG Code
- Load is secured using correct load restraint and protection equipment for different loads, carrying and storage conditions
- Load is protected in accordance with legal and workplace safety requirements
- Load is inspected and checked for security to travel, in accordance with relevant regulations/permit requirements and current ADG Code, as required
- All required goods documentation is completed in accordance with workplace requirements including current ADG Code, as required
Additional course information.
This course can be incorporated with other driver training courses.
Deliver Modes: Load and unload goods/cargo is a face-to-face trainer led theory classes and practical sessions involving small groups and individual activities.
This course is divided into theory, practical, Case Scenarios, fault finding activities and assessment sessions.
Course Timings: The course start time is at 07:45 and concluding at approximately 2 -4 pm.
A4ADE Practical Training Area: A4ADE exclusive Driver Training Facilities at Kurwongbah and Kogan offers terrain which is similar to the terrain that people would be required to Drive and Manoeuvre a Trailer in their everyday driving as part of their job.
A4ADE Training Areas: A4ADE have exclusive Driver Training Facilities at Kurwongbah, North of Brisbane and Kogan, between Dalby and Chinchilla.
For group bookings additional training areas to those listed above include Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Mt Isa, Moranbah, Roma, Toowoomba, however not limited to these areas.
Corporate/Group Booking Training Areas: A4ADE are able to plan, develop and deliver specific course programs for groups or corporate, on request.
On-Site Training: Australian 4WD & Advanced Driver Education specialise in the design and implementation of client specific and site specific driver training and education. Training can be delivered for groups on any site, for group bookings. All courses are portable allowing staff to be trained in locations familiar to their day-to-day use of 4WD, trailers and other light vehicles and can be delivered to ensure minimal disruption to shift routine.
What course participants will require to undertake the course:
- USI (Unique Student Identifier)
- Your Vehicle with trailer (only if trailers are used)
- Rated Securing Straps and Gloves.
- Driving license (that will be required for checking prior to course commencement).
- Appropriate clothing – this should be compliant with your companies policy however at a minimum must comprise of long sleeved shirt, long pants, closed shoes with good soles and hat.
- Hat, Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Pad and pen.
- Morning tea and a light lunch with plenty of drinking water in summer months.
A4ADE will supply a range of goods/cargo to be secured. In addition, A4ADE will supply a small range of rated straps.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT Us on 0732641877
TO DISCUSS OR BOOK YOUR TRAINING
Or click on the “Register Now” button below, to book your course.