The aim of Australian 4WD & Advanced Driver Education courses is to:
- Reduce Risk in being involved in a vehicle incident.
- Combine mechanical understanding.
- Correct driving practices. and
- Environmental appreciation.
- Applicable in the day-to-day environment in which people work, and
- Contribute significantly to enhancing and maintain safety standards.
- A specific tailored Program to suit the needs of the Client;
- A structured learning program that is competency based, flexible and recognises pre-existing skills of all trainees;
- A detailed instruction of how to “Understand Environmental Impact”;
- A progressive introduction to the mechanical workings of a four-wheel drive and All Wheel Drive vehicle drive train and how that applies to driving off road;
- Both theoretical and practical training to trainees engaged in four wheel drive off road driving including;
- Obstacle identification,
- Accident prevention,
- Safety procedures around four wheel drive vehicles,
- Detailed instruction on the care, maintenance and the use of four wheel drive recovery equipment, including total vehicle recovery, and
- Detailed instruction on defensive driving in off road conditions.
Upon successful completion of an Australian 4WD & Advanced Driver Education course, the trainee will have the knowledge, skills and attributes required to drive a vehicle effectively and safely. The trainee will also be able to demonstrate the appropriate responsibilities of a driver of a vehicle with emphasis on obstacle identification, accident prevention, driver responsibility and safety procedures.