FWPFGM3214 – Operate a four wheel drive in a towing situation
This Operate a four wheel drive in a towing situation course is a 1 day course that meets the requirements, upon Successful completion, to receive a Statement of Attainment, for the Nationally Recognised Training course “FWPFGM 3214– Operate a four wheel drive in a towing situation”.
Who would select this course?
This course has been developed and contextualised for those people who are required to operate a 4×4 vehicle in a towing situation.
The course aim is to provide operators with the techniques for towing and moving an object using a four-wheel drive (4×4) vehicle on roads and varied terrain. This may include towing a trailer, vehicle or equipment as well as moving logs or other loads.
It presents the skills and knowledge required for competent workplace performance of towing are to be used within the scope of the person’s job and authority
- Prepare 4×4 for towing
1.1 Identify and follow occupational health and safety (OHS), environmental, legislative and organisational requirements relevant to operating in a towing situation.
1.2 Identify type of object to be towed and determine a suitable towing arrangement.
1.3 Identify equipment requirements and techniques to carry out the towing job.
1.4 Identify potential hazards that may be experienced at the towing site and during the towing operation.
1.5 Assess the towing activity for safety and security of persons, vehicles and property.
1.6 Check the 4×4 vehicle to ensure equipment is appropriate to conditions and operationally effective in line with manufacturer specifications.
- Drive 4×4 towing a trailer
2.1 Identify hazards and risk-management strategies associated with towing a trailer.
2.2 Safely couple and uncouple the trailer.
2.3 Secure load onto trailer.
2.4 Apply risk-management strategies while 4×4 vehicle is in operation and towing a trailer.
2.5 Demonstrate reversing a trailer uphill, around corners and in a straight line.
2.6 Use correct jack technique to change a trailer wheel.
2.7 Park and shut down 4×4 vehicle in line with manufacturer specifications and organisational requirements.
- Drive 4×4 moving an attached object
3.1 Secure vehicle, equipment or object to be towed using appropriate recovery devices.
3.2 Apply risk-management strategies to a 4×4 vehicle operating in a towing situation.
3.3 Park and shut down 4×4 vehicle in line with manufacturer specifications and organisational requirements.
- Perform post-towing tasks
4.1 Notify relevant personnel of trip completion.
4.2 Document activity in line with organisational procedures.
4.3 Apply maintenance procedures for allocated vehicle.
Make Specific Course: Australian 4WD & Advanced Driver Education are specialists in on and off road Defensive Driver Training, and towing and are able to design, develop and conduct “make-specific” courses.
Our “make-specific” courses not only cover all mandatory Nationally Recognised elements for the FPIFGM3214 Operate a four wheel drive in a towing situation, but are contextualised to ensure they meet the specific requirements of the Employer and their staff.
Additional course information.
The course start time is at 07:45, concluding at approximately 3pm.
A4ADE Practical Training Area
A4ADE exclusive Driver Training Facilities at Kurwongbah and Kogan offers terrain which is similar to the terrain that people would be required to drive on in their everyday driving as part of their job. This offers superior opportunities for the development of skills and techniques in these environments rather than a simulated environment or a “make-shift” area artificially developed for driver training.
A4ADE Training Areas: A4ADE have exclusive Driver Training Facilities at Kurwongbah, North of Brisbane and Kogan, between Dalby and Chinchilla.
For group bookings additional training areas to those listed above include Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Mt Isa, Moranbah, Roma, Toowoomba, however not limited to these areas.
Corporate/Group Booking Training Areas: A4ADE are able to plan, develop and deliver specific course programs for groups or corporate, on request.
On-Site Training: Australian 4WD & Advanced Driver Education specialise in the design and implementation of client specific and site specific driver training and education. Training can be delivered for groups on any site (if suitable terrain is available), for group bookings. All courses are portable allowing staff to be trained in locations familiar to their day-to-day use of 4WD and other light vehicles and can be delivered to ensure minimal disruption to shift routine.
What course participants will require to undertake the course:
- USI (Unique Student Identifier)
- Your 4WD Vehicle with trailer (one vehicle and trailer can be used for up to 2 participants from the same organisation);
- should you not have access to a 4WD vehicle and/or trailer, A4ADE can hire these items for a fee, as listed below;
- bring your trailer fully loaded; and
- Your vehicle will need at least half a tank of fuel.
- Driving license (that will be required for checking prior to course commencement).
- Appropriate clothing – this should be compliant with your companies policy however at a minimum must comprise of long sleeved shirt, long pants, closed shoes with good soles and hat.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Pad and pen.
- Morning tea and a light lunch with plenty of drinking water in summer months.
Vehicle hire: A4ADE do have vehicles available for use. The cost of these vehicles includes, vehicle hire for completion of the course, fuel, recovery equipment (where required), cleaning and wear/tear on brakes and tyres.
Vehicle hire fee: 1 day vehicle hire is $135.00 per person, per day.
- The vehicle maybe hired by other course participants, meaning that each vehicle hire may be shared by two participants. This will not have any impact on the amount of drive time that each hirer will experience.
- At times, there maybe more than one vehicle available, that will allow each vehicle hirer to experience a variety of 4WD types.
- If you wish to have exclusive use of a vehicle, then this can be arranged and would be at a cost of $160.00 per vehicle per day.
Trailer Hire: The hire cost of A4ADE 6 x 4 box trailer is $80.00 per trailer.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT Us on 0732641877
TO DISCUSS OR BOOK YOUR TRAINING
Or click on the “Register Now” button below, to book your course.